Well, we had a few days of cooler weather here in Michigan – cool enough to make me realize that fall is not that far off! The cool nights gave me a late-summer apple pie craving… though there was enough heat in the day to make the oven feel like just a little too much. Haha. Do I did what any good bartender’s wife would: I put the apple pie flavor into a martini glass. And drank it. Delicious.
If you’re a fan of dessert drinks, put this one on your list. It even uses a few elements from your baking cupboard for an authentic pie taste.
- 2 oz. vodka
- ½ oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (or substitute 1 oz. vanilla liqueur for the syrup and vanilla - I just worked with what I had on-hand)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon (and feel free to cut this back if you look at the photo and want it to be less cloudy)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 oz. apple juice
- Optional - cinnamon stick and/or fresh apple slices for garnish
- Rim a 7 oz. martini glass with cinnamon sugar, and add all ingredients to a shaker tin with ice.
- Shake until chilled, and strain into glass.
- Garnish as you like, and enjoy your fork-free pie indulgence!