Casseroles don’t get nearly as much attention as they deserve, do they? I mean, they are the staple dish in so many families’ meal plans. You must have a favorite casserole you put together for your family for those busy nights, or when you just want that wonderful comfort food, right? But how often do you share your casserole as your famous dish?
Country Crock has launched their Country Crock Stars contest, giving you the perfect opportunity to share your best casserole dish. And they want your entry! All you have to do to enter is share a photo of your favorite casserole on Country Crock’s Facebook Page, and explain in 100 words how you demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in the kitchen. You can win free cookware, or even $5,000 and a trip to New York City!
Our family’s favorite dinner casserole is a Baked Mac & Cheese dish.
Country Crock is a great addition to lots of casserole dishes – and this one is no exception! Mac & Cheese is already one of the ultimate comfort food dishes (and let’s face it… bacon makes everything better, right?
- 1 lb. bacon
- 2 c. macaroni
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (reserve ½ c. of this to top your dish with)
- 1 c. processed American cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock spread
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and begin boiling macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon until chewy, drain from fat and set aside.
- Heat milk and Country Crock spread in a saucepan on low heat until spread is melted.
- Stir in flour, heating until the mixture begins to thicken. Stir frequently.
- Once your milk mixture has thickened, melt your processed cheese into the mix. When that becomes a creamy sauce, add 1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar and stir until just melted. Stir in bacon.
- Combine cheese and bacon mixture with drained macaroni and put into a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Top with reserved shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
So – what’s your family’s favorite go-to casserole dish?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.