I have a fun appetizer recipe to share with you today! I’ve been enjoying getting creative in the kitchen while a lot of my craft supplies are packed away. The thing is, I still enjoy my time in the kitchen to be quick and easy, so I’m always on the lookout for products that simplify my recipes. Today I have an awesome one for you using Kraft Fresh Take!
Have you tried Kraft’s new Fresh Take seasoning packets? They are awesome! They come in several flavors and include a breading mix and fresh cheese. As soon as I spotted the Italian Parmesan flavor, I knew right away I wanted to try it in an appetizer recipe I’ve been trying to perfect.
Raya and I took our weekly trip to Walmart to pick up my ingredients – you can check out my shopping trip in my G+ album! As curious as I am to try the other flavors, I went with my initial instinct and picked up the Italian Parmesan flavor. I’m glad I did – it was awesome. You can find Kraft Fresh Take in the refrigerated cheese aisle at Walmart.
I served these when my extended came over for a visit, and they were a HIT. It was nice to bring something different – I’m usually in charge of the veggie and cheese tray, so this was a great alternative. I will warn you that this recipe does need some time to set during the prep, so allow for an overnight (or at least an hour) between mixing it up and baking.
Active prep and cooking time is well under an hour, though, and you know I always aim for an hour or less around here!
- 1 box (6-oz.) chicken-flavored dry stuffing mix
- 4 eggs
- 3 c. chopped broccoli - fresh or frozen (about 2 c. cooked if you're using leftovers)
- ½ c. melted butter or margarine
- 1 6-oz. package Italian Parmesan flavored Kraft Fresh Take
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Chop, cook, and drain and cool your broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli - or even leftovers, if you want! (If you're using already-cooked broccoli, you want about 2 cups.)
- Melt and cool your margarine or butter.
- Stir together broccoli, dry stuffing mix, and margarine/butter and water until well-mixed, and then both the seasoning and the parmesan cheese from your package of Kraft Fresh Take.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. If your mixture is still at all hot at this point, allow it to cool before adding the eggs, as you don't want them to begin cooking yet. Once cool, stir into broccoli mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate mixture until the stuffing mix absorbs the moisture. It will be ready in about an hour, but it can be refrigerated overnight if that works better for you.
- Preheat oven to 325F and roll your broccoli mix into 1-inch balls. You should get about 3 dozen balls from this recipe. Place on baking sheet at least ½ inch apart.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until eggs have fully cooked. (Note - be careful not to overbake them, or they will come out dry.)
- Serve hot or cold, whatever your preference!
Watch for the Kraft Fresh Possibilities Tour truck which will be making stops across the country from March through the end of July. To see if they are making a stop in your town you can check the website: Fresh Possibilities Tour.
There will also be an immediately redeemable coupon on packages of chicken in the meat department. The coupon takes $1.00 off the price of one (1) chicken item with the purchase of Fresh Take. The coupons will run May 1-July 31.
As part of the Social Fabric Community, I have something else I’d like to share with you – the Live SoFab Summer Digital Magazine! You can check it out here!
What have you made with Kraft Fresh Take, or what recipes would you like to try?