I’m going to keep this short and sweet this morning… behold, my breakfast. Carrot muffins. Yum.
It’s been quite a while since I had a proper carrot muffin, so when a friend mentioned them on Facebook earlier this week, obviously, I had to make some immediately! This is a nice simple recipe that my family has made for years.
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. grated carrots (usually around 3 average sized carrots)
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375F. Blend together sugar, eggs, and oil; stir in carrots.
- Sift your flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, then fold it into your carrot mixture.
- Drop into greased muffin tins (or use cupcake papers).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Optionally, you can dust the tops with a little powdered sugar once they are done baking (I did!)
- Alternately, you can bake in a greased loaf pan for 50-60 minutes if you prefer to serve bread instead of muffins.
I’m having mine with carrot sticks and apples this morning. ;) What are you having for breakfast?