5. Add a couple of stitches to the top and bottom corners to hold in place. Or if your feeling energetic, you could stitch along the entire top and bottom where the edges meet!
So…you could just leave it as is…or you can jazz it up!!! I totally choose to jazz it up! You could add some ribbon, some fabric flowers, a monogram…just grab whatever you have lying around. I found a piece of leftover fabric, a button, ribbon and an elastic. This is what I did.
1. I quickly hand stitched through a strip of fabric and kept pulling the thread until I got the ruffle look I was after. I left the edges raw and I didn’t measure it at all. I only layed it on top of the planner to make sure it was the right length and then tied off the thread.
2. I measured out enough ribbon to wrap around the planner. Use the iron on hemming tape to attach it over the stitching on the ruffled material. I left the ribbon to cover the back of the book loose. Then I stiched a button onto the front of the ruffle. Placement is totally up to you!
4. I cut a small piece of elastic to wrap around the button on the front of the planner. It was roughly 5 inches long and then folded in half. To finish off the back of the cover, lay hemming tape under the last bit of ribbon and under the elastic. Iron in place.
5.Voila! Your planner cover is complete!
6. I got a downloadable calender here. I printed it off and glued it into the front page. I am going to use this page to mark all my appointments, birthdays and holidays.
7. For the inside of the planner, I made a daily template and glued them onto the pages, one for every day of the month. I used the labels “To do”, “Blog to do’s”, and “Meals”. Perfect for the mom blogger!
Click the photo below to get your free download!
Now you’re ready to get organized!
Well, I hope you enjoyed making your very own customized day planner. I know it has certainly made my life more organized and a little less stressed, and as a bonus, its so nice to look at! Thank you Adrianne for inviting me over!