We watch a LOT of football at our house, and one of the foods I make quite often for game day, especially when we have guests coming over, is a hearty (read: delicious and not very health-conscious) dip to serve with tortilla chips. But, I really only make it on game days, so it has come to be known at our house as just, Football Dip. Well actually, at everyone’s house. Whoever has the Michigan game on, there will be a request for Football Dip.
These days (with the kiddos), we tailgate at home. Used to be we would trek out to Ann Arbor, and maybe once they’re bigger, we will again. But for now, this is a recipe worth staying home for:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can of chili
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning (1/4 cup)
- ½ c. water
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use a Mexican blend)
- Brown and drain your beef. Add ½ c. water and taco seasoning.
- Add chili and tomato sauce, and simmer on medium heat until it reduces to the thickness you prefer - about 10 minutes at our house.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve hot with tortilla chips. (Serving in a warm crock pot works well!)
It’s a splurge on the diet, for sure – but it’s always a HUGE hit. What are some of your favorite game day recipes?