In our house, I pretty much spend my time in the kitchen baking, or making party food. I don’t do a ton of “real” cooking… it’s got to be easy, and I only want to make the fun stuff, haha. This recipe is both! I made one of the classics over the weekend for game day party food – fruit pizza! I made it in miniatures for easy serving.
This is one of those really versatile recipes as far as what kinds of fruit you use. I know a lot of recipes call for things like mandarin oranges, but I find firm fruit to be much easier and hold up the best. If you can slice it, it’s probably a winner. :)
- 2 packages of ready-to-bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or your favorite sugar cookie recipe dough)
- 8oz. softened cream cheese
- 8oz. thawed Cool Whip
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- Fruit of your choice - I used 2 starfruit, 3 kiwis, a pint of raspberries and a pint of blueberries to make 48 2-1/2-inch cookies
- 2 Tbsp. apple jelly
- Bake and cool your cookies according to the package or recipe directions.
- Stir together cream cheese, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar. Spread onto cooled cookies.
- Wash and slice your fruits. Top cookies with various fruit. You can arrange it in a pattern if you like - I didn't bother. Random arrangement is equally delicious. :)
- Warm apple jelly in a microwave-safe bowl until it becomes a liquid glaze - this will be about a minute on 50% power. Brush it onto topped cookies. This will really set off the fruit, and adding a little bit of shine and extra sweetness. This step can be omitted but really adds to the presentation.
- Store refrigerated until ready to serve. The crust will soften and the flavors will meld over 24 hours - it's best to prepare this recipe at least 4 hours in advance, and can be prepared as much as a day ahead of time.
What are some of your favorite go-to party foods?