You know I’m all about the quick and simple. Even if you don’t read here regularly, you know the theme here is an hour or less! I got a chance to try out the new flavors of Tyson individually frozen chicken breasts that is exclusively in Walmart stores (you can take a look at my shopping trip on G+ here!) – and not only are they delicious, but the pre-seasoned chicken breasts make dinner so easy. (Dinner that practically makes itself? Yes please!)
The new flavors, Southwest Pepper Trio and Smokey Steakhouse, are both yummy and make for a great main dish on their own. But sometimes you need some variety in your dinner menu, so I have a quick and simple recipe to share with you today: Easy Southwest Pepper Fajitas!
The best part about this recipe is that you just add a few veggies and whatever you like adding to your fajitas (in our house, that’s just a little bit of cheese!) and serve it on flour tortillas.
You’ll have dinner on the table in about an hour, but the prep and active cooking time is only about 15 minutes. Really – if you can slice veggies and chicken, you will have an impressive recipe in no time.
- 3-4 Individually Frozen Tyson Southwest Pepper Trio Chicken Breasts
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, and any other toppings of your choice
- 10-pack flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and arrange frozen chicken breasts in a 9x13 dish and bake 45-50 minutes (according to package directions).
- Slice peppers and onion, and saute over medium heat in a skillet with 2 Tbsp. water. Cook to your desired tenderness, but veggies should be ready in approximately 10 minutes.
- When chicken breasts are done, slice them into strips.
- Serve hot on flour tortillas with shredded cheese, sour cream, and any other optional toppings. Pairs well with Spanish Rice or black beans!
That’s it – SO easy! And fajitas make wonderful leftovers, too. ;)