Happy Wednesday! So – today is IT! My son is coming today! I hardly slept at all last night, and even now, while the house is quiet, I’m trying to keep busy while I wait until it’s time to leave for the hospital.
I do have a nice treat for you today, though – my good friend Kara sent me this awesome recipe to share with you all today. Kind of a blogger’s way of stopping by with dinner. ;) Kara is a talented crochet blogger over at Petals to Picots, but one thing she doesn’t venture into at her site is food and recipes. This one was such a hit at her house, she asked today if I thought my readers would enjoy this recipe too. Since those of you home gardeners will be looking for new zucchini recipes soon when your gardens are overflowing (I’ve been there, I know!), I thought this would be a perfect one for you to pin and save for a great easy dinner idea. I hope you enjoy!
Hello there! I am so excited to be here today at Happy Hour Projects to share my yummy Zucchini Sausage Bake with you all. I just love Adrianne and am so excited for her and her family as they welcome their sweet little bundle home. If I lived close to her I would definitely be bringing this dish over for her now, but since I don’t I thought I would do that next best thing and share it here. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Kara and I blog over at Petals to Picots, where I share all my crochet adventures, free patterns, and fun yarnie projects. I hope you’ll come by and say hi.
This Zucchini Sausage Bake is A-W-E-S-O-M-E and I don’t say that about many things I cook. And it is a meal I know my whole family will eat. I hope it becomes a family favorite in your house too!
- 2 medium zucchini
- approx. 1 lb crumbled sausage
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 10.5 oz can brown gravy
- approx. ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and saute garlic, onion, and green pepper. Add crumbled sausage.
- While sausage is browning, wash zucchini and trim ends. Cutting lengthwise, cut zucchini into slices about ¼ in. thick. Spray the bottom of an 11 × 7 in. pan with non-stick spray and lay sliced zucchini across bottom of pan.
- Once sausage mixture is browned, add mixture on top of zucchini. Pour brown gravy over the zucchini and sausage. Sprinkle grated cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45 min at 350 °F.