I love, LOVE pasta salads in the summertime. Not only are they easy to make up, but by adding a bit of protein, you have a quick and easy one-dish meal for lunch or snacks. I recently made up this chicken and bacon ranch pasta salad and it was a huge hit at our house!
As always – pasta salads have a ton of room for modification to fit your family’s tastes. We don’t add a lot of veggies because I’m the only one who likes them. ;) So feel free to add, adjust, or omit as you see fit.
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and drained
- ½ lb. chicken, cooked and diced
- 12 oz. farfalle pasta
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ c. buttermilk
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- Boil your pasta and cook, drain, and dice your meats and vegetables.
- Prepare the ranch sauce with the mayo, buttermilk, and seasoning packet.
- Drain and cool your pasta and stir on ranch sauce. Stir in meats and vegetables.
- Chill and serve. The pasta will soak up the sauce, so you may find if you chill it overnight that you need to add a little more buttermilk the next day.