So who is excited for the Walking Dead premiere? I have to confess, we don’t do “scary” in our house. But that doesn’t mean it’s not still fun to have creepy snacks for a zombie themed party! I’ve teamed up with my favorite bloggers today to share a collection of zombie-themed projects which are great ideas to inspire your watch party, or to save for next Halloween. Today I’m sharing brain-shaped zombie party appetizer: a ham and onion cheeseball.
Cheeseballs are great party food because they’re yummy and they are EASY. I adapted our normal cheeseball recipe to make it look like brains! You just need a brain-shaped gelatin mold (or you can form it by hand). I used this one I found on Amazon – here’s my affiliate link: Brain Gelatin Mold.
- 1 - 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheese - I prefer a Mexican blend, but any mild white cheese will work
- 4 oz. thinly shaved ham, diced finely or chopped in the food processor
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped vidalia onion
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt (I like Lawry's)
- To fill a gelatin mold, you will likely need to double or even triple the above recipe, but it's the "standard" ratio you will use, and makes up plenty to serve a small party as listed above.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. It will be hard to stir, so most often I just dig my hands right in and combine it that way.
- Press it firmly into your mold to get it into all the grooves. To remove it, flex the mold all around, turn it upside down over a plate, and flex it again. It should pop out fairly easily. If it doesn't, continue to flex it gently.
- Alternately, you can form it into a brain shape by hand.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
You can check out more great zombie projects from my friends by clicking the links in the description below! We are all posting our zombie ideas today to inspire you, if you’re looking for a creepy way to celebrate!
Top Row, from left to right: Brain Shaped Ham and Onion Cheeseball from Happy Hour Projects, Zombie Warning Yard Sides from 4 You with Love, Zombie Warning Door Hanging from It Happens in a Blink; Middle Row: Free Zombie-Inspired iPhone Wallpaper from Pitter and Glink; Bottom Row, from left to right: Friendly Crochet Zombie Doll from Repeat Crafter Me, Free Printable Zombie Valentine from Do Small Things with Love, Zombie Makeup Using Basic Household Items from Creative Capital B.