I am all about easy dessert recipes. Everyone loves desserts, and *I* love not taking a year in the kitchen to make them. My husband has been hinting for a while that he would like some peanut butter pie, so over the weekend I made some up: in miniature form. This would make a great Thanksgiving dessert recipe to offset the classic pumpkin pie, because it involves NO baking (saving that premium space in the oven) and the prep is only about 15 minutes!
What’s also great about this recipe is that it’s made with #KraftEssentials: you know, those staples that you have in your cupboard or on your grocery list all the time! Chances are you have everything you need to make some for any special occasion (or no occasion at all). I picked up ingredients on my last trip to Walmart. This is a simple, 5-ingredient recipe – so keeping these items on-hand is easy for whipping something sweet up for your family!
- 5 oz. package of Chocolate Jell-O Cook & Serve Pudding
- 3 c. Milk
- ¾ c. Planters Peanut Butter
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 oz. Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 12 Mini Pre-made Graham Cracker Crusts (or 1 standard sized crust)
- Whisk milk and Jell-O pudding together and heat on medium heat until it comes to a full boil. You will need to stir it constantly so that it doesn't stick to the bottom and burn.
- When it reaches the boiling point, remove it from the heat and stir in ¾ c. Planters Peanut Butter.
- (Tip: for easily removing peanut butter from your measuring cup, try lining your measuring cups with plastic wrap. You can easily turn the peanut butter out!)
- Let the mixture set for 5 minutes, and stir thoroughly.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup pie filling into each pie crust and cool. About 30 minutes in the frig should do it - allow more time if you're making a large pie.
- Top each pie with about 2 Tbsp. of Cool Whip. (Tip: for a "prettier" spoonful of Cool Whip, put it all into a quart size plastic zipper bag. Seal the bag shut, cut a 1-inch corner off the bag, and squeeze gently to pipe it onto the pies!)
- Shave 1 oz. of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate and sprinkle onto your pies! (Tip: just use a standard vegetable peeler, and "peel" the edge of the chocolate bar!)
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
My daughter was SO thrilled with the individual sized pies. “It’s a tiny pie!” she said. “It’s for me!”
They were a hit with my husband as well… I noticed a couple mysteriously “disappeared” overnight. ;)
What are your go-to essential recipes? Do you have any that you serve for the holidays? If you’re looking for more great ideas, check out these great Kraft recipes!