Okay, I love marshmallows. There, I said it. I love marshmallow-filled stuff, marshmallow fluff, toasted marshmallows… and this time of year, I love to dip marshmallows! They are a super easy sweet treat, and they look great on cookie trays and as part of edible gifts. You can make a whole bag of these easy 3-ingredient peppermint marshmallows in about 20 minutes.
If you haven’t dipped treats in chocolate before, it can seem intimidating. I was there once, too! But, it’s fast, it’s actually really easy, and it’s a great way to add no-bake recipes like pretzels and marshmallows to your holiday treat lineup. The trick to melting chocolate is to stir it often to avoid overheating it.
- 1 - 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 8 oz. white chocolate
- 4 candy canes
- Crush your candy canes into fine pieces. I find it easiest to do this by putting them inside a plastic baggie, and crushing them with a wooden spoon.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions - but this should only take about a minute in the microwave.
- Dip the bottom halves of the marshmallows in the chocolate, and then roll it in the peppermint pieces.
- Place the marshmallows on wax paper until they harden. Then, enjoy!
You can store the marshmallows in an airtight container, or if you really want to make them special, I’ll give you a sneak peek at what I did to dress them up! Individual baggies, and can you guess what I turned them into…? (I’ll show you tomorrow!)
Sorry to be so short with today’s post – I’ve really been missing my blogging time! I’m sure a lot of you can relate to how hectic things are in December, though. We just celebrated my daughter’s birthday, we’re in full-on Christmas prep mode, and today I’m dropping off my art for an exhibition happening in a couple of weeks. What about you? Anything special going on in your life that you want to comment about?