I know summer’s coming to a close, but I’m just not ready to give up the fresh fruit cocktails on the back deck at night. It’s just getting dark a lot sooner after the kids’ bedtime now… boo. ;) There are a lot of things I love about fall, but I do really love Michigan summers the most. Anyway, I’ve got a great cocktail to share based on a Michigan vodka flavor that I’m currently pretty much obsessed with: Valentine’s White Blossom vodka.
I tried White Blossom when we had a date night not too long ago – it’s an elderflower and grapefruit flavor that’s really light. I can’t even pronounce the ingredients that were in my martini that night, but the flavor was wonderful. Naturally, I had to buy a bottle and see what I could make easily at home. (You know, no fuss. Because that’s just less time you have for enjoying the night.) If you have trouble locating it where you live, you can also swap out the simple syrup in this recipe for some elderflower syrup and use your favorite vodka.
- 1.5 oz. Valentine White Blossom vodka
- 3 oz. pink grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- splash of club soda
- pink grapefruit slices for garnish
- Add vodka, juice, and syrup to a shaker tin, and shake over ice until chilled.
- Strain into a mason jar or highball glass over ice. Add a splash of club soda to fill your glass.
- Garnish with slices of garnish and/or a grapefruit twist. Enjoy!
What are you sipping on this summer? Anything worth sharing? ;)