Good morning! I have a super easy meal for you to add to your rotation… so easy, in fact, that my husband is actually the one who made these on his day off yesterday, and had dinner on the table when I came home from work! Making chicken tacos in the slow cooker is one of our go-to recipes when we’re burned out on cooking.
In fact – the hardest part about the recipe is chopping up a few toppings to go along with it – the chicken pretty much makes itself. ;) You can also multiply the recipe as needed for a larger crowd, and it makes for great leftovers too!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or ¼ c. of your own blend, if you are averse to pre-packaged seasonings)
- Taco toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and/or sour cream
- Flour tortillas
- Place chicken in the slow cooker on low, and sprinkle taco seasoning on top. Cook for 4-6 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Prepare your toppings.
- Shred chicken with forks. Serve hot on flour tortillas.
What’s for dinner at your house tonight?