Okay, this isn’t just a Christmas drink recipe, it’s delicious anytime. And you could add any shapes that suit your occasion – whether it’s a birthday, 4th of July – whatever! But the red star makes this crisp and fruity cocktail look so festive that it’s really perfect for your holiday entertaining – and it’s delicious, too!
This is a twist on the classic cosmo, with a vodka base and balance of lime, sweet, and fruit juice. You’ll need to prep 4-6 hours ahead to make up your shaped juice cubes, but the cocktail itself makes up quickly and easily to please even a crowd! I like to pick up fresh limes, which covers both the juice and the garnish, but there’s nothing wrong with buying bottled lime juice.
If you don’t have simple syrup on-hand, it’s SO easy to make – just mix equal parts of sugar and water together, and heat in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir often, until the sugar dissolves completely. Then chill it, and you can store it for up to 2 weeks.
- 2 oz. citrus flavored vodka
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- 2-3 oz. lemon-lime soda
- 2 pomegranate juice frozen cubes (typically one cube is about 1 oz.)
- Lime wheels or wedges for garnish
- Shake together vodka, lime juice, and syrup over ice in a shaker tin.
- Fill a glass with a mix of ice and juice cubes. Strain contents of your tin into your glass.
- Top with soda, and garnish with lime. Enjoy!