This post is sponsored by Kellogg’s.
I have a love/hate relationship with entertaining. I love seeing friends. I love opening up our home. I love connecting, laughing, reminiscing, and catching up. But I am a little bit hopeless at party decor, and I don’t love spending hours in the kitchen getting ready. Really, I’m just a casual entertainer. I want to make some quick finger food, maybe whip up a signature cocktail for the evening, and call it good! The important thing is the company – so I like ultra easy appetizer recipes so that I can get out of the kitchen and enjoy time with them. If this philosophy resonates with you, then I’ve got suggestions for you, and a great recipe to share with you today!
This easy spinach dip is just 5 ingredients, and tastes great with Town House Pita crackers! It’s a light dip that you can stir up and serve right away, which makes it an easy dish for drop-in guests or a last-minute get-together.
- 16 oz. light sour cream
- 10 oz. frozen spinach
- 8 oz. canned water chestnuts
- ¼ c. chopped or shredded carrots (about ½ carrot)
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Thaw spinach, either 24 hours in the refrigerator or by soaking in cold water. Drain very well.
- Mix ranch seasoning into sour cream.
- Chop or shred carrots and water chestnuts. A minute in the food processor works great. Drain well.
- Stir veggies into the sour cream mix, and serve with Town House Pita Crackers!
Town House has you covered with 4 great types of crackers for whatever you’re serving up. Each of the varieties has different flavors and textures to make every guest happy – and you can set out a spread using two or more kinds of crackers to keep your time in the kitchen simple while also letting your guests mix things up for themselves. Try these pairings:
- Town House Original Crackers: Top with hard cheeses and cured meats, cheese balls, or hearty, spreadable dips. Try my easy Ham and Onion Cheese Ball or Muffuletta Olive Salad Dip recipes with Originals!
- Town House Pita Crackers: Serve with light dips like today’s Spinach Dip recipe, hummus, or salsas.
- Town House Pretzel Thins and Flatbread Crisps: Pour and serve alongside other finger foods like cheeses, meats, olives, veggies, or fruits!
The best tip I can offer you for hosting a casual gathering is just to take it easy, and enjoy yourself! The goal of entertaining is to be comfortable and to have a great time. For me, that means getting out of the kitchen and sitting down among friends and family. What’s your best tip for hosting a casual gathering?
From presentably munch-able options, to dipping inspiration, to versatile possibilities, we have the variety that will help her stylishly host any type of gathering – from planned to impromptu.