So I have an affinity for trees – as you probably already know, if you read here often. I find trees soothing. Nature. History. Quiet comfort. As a kid I was ALWAYS the one climbing the highest in the tree (hey, it’s not like anyone was going to come get me and drag me down, right?) Trees are just beautiful, and they inspire a lot of my art.
The ones in my yard were here before the house was.
The ones in my art were here before I was.
I’ve shared a little bit about my ArtPrize 2014 entry, Tree at Dawn. It’s a ceramic tile mosaic. This is a photo of a gorgeous old tree that started growing long before any of us were alive. I changed the sky’s color theme and mixed it up. Digital enhancements that were never even imagined possible when the tree was young… strange to think, right?
It’s less about making a statement with the medium for me though, and more about just looking at this mammoth beauty and admiring the beauty in nature. And putting my hands on it in a way that makes me feel like it’s part of me, now. I don’t drive by this tree every day anymore – but I have it right at home with me now.
And it’s not just this tree. Just ask my husband – I get oddly obsessed about trees of all kinds, haha. So I thought I’d collect some of my favorite tree crafts, decor, art, and DIY projects, and share that list with you today.
- ArtPrize 2014 Entry: Tree at Dawn Ceramic Mosiac here at Happy Hour Projects
- Love Bird Woodburned Art at Pitter And Glink
- DIY Birch Tree Backdrop at The Lovely Cupboard
- Tree Stump End Table at 17 Apart
- Gnome Home in a Tree at Crafts Unleashed
- Clay Tree Stump Ring Holder at Soap Deli News
- Rustic Wood Ring Coasters at Thrifty Below
- Wire-Wrapped Tree of Life Pendant here at Happy Hour Projects
- Tree of Love Canvas Art at One Artsy Mama
- Tree Charm Ribbon Wrap Bracelet here at Happy Hour Projects
- Fall Leaf Banner at Girl in the Garage
- Tiered Stand with Fallen Branches & Aluminum Pans at A Nest For All Seasons
- Pony Bead Hanging Bird Feeder at Sweet Tea & Saving Grace
- Apple Tree-to-Be Gift Basket at The Merry Thought
- Needle Felted Fall Leaves at Petals to Picots
- Tree Branch Jewelry Organizer at FashionEdible
- 3D Tree Cake at Milk & Cereal
- DIY Fallen Twig Bangle here at Happy Hour Projects
- Owl on a Branch Button Art at Repeat Crafter Me
- Fall Leaf Ceramic Coasters at One Artsy Mama
- Washi Tape Wall Coat Tree at Everything Emily
- Leaf-Imprint DIY Necklace here at Happy Hour Projects
- DIY Tree Swing at A Beautiful Mess
- Fall Branch Mantel Decor at Lilacs & Longhorns
- Birch Bark Wrapped Candles at Sand & Sisal
- Rustic Tree Branch Candle Holder at Fine and Feathered
- Felt Leaf Coasters at Do Small Things With Love
- Leaf Candle Rings & No-Sew Table Runner at Girl in the Garage
- Glass Tile Tree Mosaic here at Happy Hour Projects
- Thumbprint Tree at One Artsy Mama
- Paper Cherry Trees at Just Crafty Enough
- Nursery Tree Diaper Pail Decor here at Happy Hour Projects
- Tree Stump Cake Stand at Nalle’s House
- Twig Pumpkin Wall Hanging at StowAndTellU
- Spring Button Tree at One Artsy Mama
- Embroidered and Appliqued Tree Pillow at Leigh Laurel Studios
- Birthstone Family Tree Wire Sculpture here at Happy Hour Projects
- Wood Slice Stud Earrings at KanduBeads
- Wood Slice Clock at Sweet Athena
- Pine Branch Tealight Holders at The Pink Doormat
Hope you’re as inspired as I am by this list – and don’t make fun of my strange obsession, haha. Have a great weekend, friends!